The L’Avenir Townhomes, Ft. Collins, Colorado | The L’Avenir townhomes, a 4-unit rowhome nestled next to Old Town Ft. Collins, Colorado, embodies a lifetime of design work and learning from the wife and husband team of Laurie and Bob Davis of Davis/Davis Architects. They deliver homes with an exceptionally light footprint on the Earth.
- Net zero-energy/zero-emissions
- 1-foot thick walls with extensive air-sealing, filled wall cavities, and exterior insulation
- Ground-source heat pump for heating and cooling with radiant delivery on the ground level paired with forced air on the 2nd and 3rd floors
- Solar PV has proven after more than 1-year of occupancy to provide 100% of the power needed for the 4-units
- The backup battery in their unit provides several days of energy if the power goes out AND when energy requirements increase [eg. clothes dryer] during the utility’s peak pricing
- Passive solar design and thermal mass features are energy savings and increased comfort
- Daylighting that minimizes the need for electric lighting during the daytime
- EV charging for e-bikes and a community shared electric Nissan, Leaf car
- LEED Platinum Certified.
L’AVENIR TOWNHOMES | VIDEO STORY
L’AVENIR TOWNHOMES | DESIGN SPECIFICATIONS
SALES SHEET [11.18.2021]
• L’Avenir Unit D_Plan – Front
• L’Avenir Unit D_Plan – Back