Thrive Vitality Homes, Denver, Colorado | Each Vitality home features luxurious architecture combined with Thrive’s trademark Zero Energy construction, LEED certification, and a focus on cleaner indoor air.
Vitality Thrive Homes are production built, single-family homes, which deliver zero-energy and zero-emission housing available to hundreds of home buyers every year in the Denver Metro area. Thrive’s decades-long vision was to optimize the health of the buyer. They did this by enhancing indoor air quality, comfort, and eliminating the home’s carbon footprint.
- More than 1-foot thick walls with staggered studs to eliminate thermal-bridging combined with dense-packed insulation and extensive air-sealing and better than ENERGY STAR® windows
- Balanced ventilation for health and energy-efficiency
- Cold climate air-source heat pumps for heating and cooling
- Air-source heat pump water heaters
- Solar PV to provide 100% of the power for these houses
- Low-energy electric fireplaces, with no combustion or air-leakage
- Self-cleaning toilets
Keep in mind that no one item works alone to make buildings high-performance. Products used in the Vitality Homes worth noting:
- Mitsubishi® air-source heat pumps
- Panasonic® ventilation equipment
- Rheem® air-source heat pump water heaters
- Owens Corning® blown-in, dense-packed, wall insulation
- Cascade Windows